Lately I’ve been feeling a little lost, still stuck in this limbo I’m in. I’ve always found that writing down my thoughts helps me unwind and get my head straight (as there’s often too much going on up there), this is one of the reasons I started writing this blog. However, I can often be found with pen and paper in hand to put pen to paper too, not just fingertips to keyboard.
I bought the most beautiful journal whilst in France and told myself I would fill it with positive thoughts and adventures unlike the contents of past journals which are full of utter emo shiz and dark thoughts. It makes me sad looking back on that part of my life, but I feel like I’ve come a long way since then, even if there are still bad days.
So, as a way to fill this little journal with new and positive experiences I figured I would create a list. I always find that lists help me to stay organised and push me to get things done. I wasn’t too sure what I wanted this list to be- a bucket list, perhaps? I decided to limit myself to 30 things and decided to give myself to the age of 30 to check everything off. At the age of 21 this gives me 9 years to check as many items off my list as I can (it probably would have made more sense to make this list when I turned 20 but all well). Some of these items will most likely be more realistic than others- this is me after all, and personal to me- and some will take more time than others (if they happen at all).
For anyone reading this you may have already done some of the items on this list, or want to like me or may have some totally different ideas- it would be cool to know what some of yours are!
So, anyway here’s my list (in no specific order)!
30 Things To Do Before 30
- Crowd surf.
- Go to a real music festival.
- Meet a celebrity (my inner emo child/fan girl is screaming Oli Sykes’ and Gerard Way’s names right now).
- Go to Ikea (yeah I know it’s random and kinda sad, but I’m curious to see what the hype is about).
- Buy a car (let this happen in the next couple of months please…).
- Take up some self defence classes…again…maybe finally get that black belt (I did karate as a kid, reached brown and red belt then quit because there wasn’t enough action…yeah I know. Krav Maga also looks pretty bad ass).
- Graduate and throw my cap in the air all cliche like.
- Go back to Albacete and Lyon and explore France and Spain more.
- Go to Bali and be a tropical sunshine goddess.
- Learn to play a musical instrument- guitar or piano (I’ve been told I have the hands of a pianist).
- Learn a fourth language- been trying to teach myself Dutch and Italian…things aren’t going too well so far, Duolingo can only do so much.
- Move out- properly, student living does not count here.
- Adopt a puppy.
- Go to Disneyland…
- Visit a fox sanctuary and see some happy little foxes running around all fluffy and happy like.
- Have a job I enjoy which incorporates my language skills.
- Go to Japan and visit the Pokémon Center and the Ghibli Museum (amongst other things, but this is a childhood dream of mine…).
- Go on one sick road trip.
- Have a totally tech free day.
- Grow a bonsai tree and not have it die on me.
- Fill a giant paddling pool with Lush products and sit in it drinking sweet cocktails under the sun.
- Participate in a colour run (I know lots of people have done these and they look so fun).
- Take a surfing class.
- Do the Will and Carlton dance with someone on a night out.
- Leave a note for a stranger- in a book, in a cafe, on a bench etc
- Give blood (always wanted to do this even though I hate needles and blood, have been to donate blood in the past but was turned away).
- Finish that ongoing “to read” list…
- Go in a flotation tank.
- Do one of those “30 day” challenges e.g the squat challenge, the drawing challenge, the yoga challenge etc.